Thursday 30 June 2011

Car hand back

Deutsche Version
 So, now is the end of june and there came the day when I have to give back #014 to BMW.

...one last photo.
The car return took place at the MINI service center. #014 was in good condition and there was no damage. So no problems occured.
The car had 11476km (7128mi) on it's odometer at the beginning and I gave it back with 19507km (12116mi).
So I had driven 8031km (4988mi) with the car within 9,5 month. This was quite a lot for my circumstances.

#014 had no failures, no breakdowns or unscheduled service and with it's moderate mileage it would be good for another test phase.
Unfortunately I did not get any info concerning the future use of the car.
I hope there is one and I was very sad about returning the car.

The service center employee told me that it was the same with the other cars that have been already returned.

For the present the adventure of electric mobility comes to an end. But I will follow the next steps of BMW closely and I still have some posts to write.

2 comments:

  1. Stefan

    We miss Mini E #458 also, but the Think EV that we recently bought is more practical and in many ways more mature than the Mini E. Of course it is not as fun. My wife still refers to the Think as "the Ersatz 458".

    I am glad you did not have any trouble with the Mini E, perhaps BMW fixed most of the problems we had in the US before you got one.

    I hope you find another suitable EV soon.

    Jim McL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, i hope to get an ActiveE. But at the closing event of the project there was no confirmed information availabe. Maybe a small number of ActiveE will be tested in Munich next year.

    ReplyDelete